I am a qualified teacher with over 20 years experience across several roles within the primary school setting such as classroom teacher, Deputy Headteacher, SENCO, Specialist Teacher for children with Dyslexia.
For several years, I had sole responsibility for a Specialist Resourced Provision attached to a primary school, for children with Speech and Language Difficulties. I was instrumental in successfully implementing a more inclusive approach for pupils within this provision.
In addition, I am a qualified musician and use my expertise in this field to support and enhance children’s learning.
What Can I Offer?
- 1: 1 and small group specific support
- Help and advice to SENCOs , teachers and teaching assistants.
- Specialist Dyslexia Teaching.
- Assessment of Pupils with Specific Learning Difficulties.
- Support for children with Receptive and / or Expressive Speech and Language Difficulties.
- Flexibility, accountability and a willingness to think ‘outside the box’ for the benefit of children within a climate of uncertainty.
- Ability to think creatively to enable and encourage children to learn and make progress. For example, using music to support learning and retention.
Graduate of the Birmingham Conservatoire of Music
PGCE – Primary Teaching,
MA in Education Management
PGCE in Special Educational Needs (SENCO)
Certificate in Professional Practice in provision for Able and Gifted,
PGCERT SPLD (Dyslexia),
Associate Member of the British Dyslexia Association (AMBDA)
Assessors Practising Certificate (APC)
REQUEST MY EXPERTISE